So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Good Day!

Today was stinking hot outside - the thermometer read 33, and that's before taking into account the humidity.  (I know for some of you that's balmy weather, but for us on the westcoast of Canada, it's HOT!)  I decided to avoid the heat and stay inside where the AC was keeping things tolerable.  I managed to get the quilting finished on my DQS mini.  I did the echo quilting around the geese a couple of days ago
echo quilting of geese
and the today I worked on the rest of the quilting
quilting is done!



I'll sew down the binding tonight.
Then I had some fun playing but I can only give a little peek,

but I'm really please with how it turned out.
Next, I started working on my challenge quilt entry for our quilt show in October.  No pictures, but progress is being made, and I'm happy with it, too!
To top of my day, I was just going through my Google reader when what should I see but my name at the top of Emma of Sampaquita Quilts post!  I've won some Tula Pink fabric - what fun!!!, and a copy of Australian Patchwork and Quilting magazine that Emma has an article in. 
The article is about organizing your craft space, and I can't wait to read it, as well as see the rest of the magazine! See this post for the details of the fabric I won.  Thank you Emma!  You should head over to Emma's site as she is an extraordinary quilter - I love her quilting and her designs!  and to see some really cute pictures of a koala bear that was in her backyard yesterday!  Might look cute and cuddly, but I sure wouldn't want to mess with those claws!
Hope you are having a productive weekend,
Happy quilting!

5 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

Congratulations on your win!! I saw your name on her blog. Love that mini quilt!

a good yarn said...

I really like this project. The pattern, the colours and the quilting desighns. Fantastic! ann...

Rachel said...

Congrats on your win! I love Tula Pink, you lucky girl!

The quilting you've done is so beautiful. You really are inspiring.

Beth said...

Your quilting looks just fantastic. Congrats on the win!
Try and stay cool.

2ne said...

I love your work, nice blog you have. Are you quilting on free hand? It is just great :-)