So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

that's better

I did get some inspiration today and finished off the trellis quilt.  I decided to fill the remaining half circles in the border with some straight lines, and then added some "fiddleheads" for a little whimsy.

whimsy

Large open swirls fill the pieced strips.

swirls

I like how it has turned out - "modern vintage" - what do you think?

Spring Trellis
Spring Trellis 
Happy quilting!

17 comments:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

It really is a beauty! Well done.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, that is gorgeous. Janet! Love the quilting -- fiddleheads rock!

SeeingStars said...

Lovely quilting. The borders are terrific. The texture adds so much.

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

It’s lovely! I really like how you transformed that solid border!

felicity said...

So beautiful! Janet, do you mark any of those lines first as a guide? I'm pinning this one as a reference -- it's just so great! And accessible.

Linda said...

Just gorgeous Janet! I love everything about it. The borders are amazing, especially love the fabric you used. What is that shade called?

elle said...

It is lovely and I need to remember to do one thing, then another and then add the wee bit of fiddleheads for the last flourish! :)

Beth said...

I just knew that you would make magic and you did. It is amazing.

Maggi said...

I knew you would do something special with it. It looks great.

Jo said...

This is really truly beautiful!!

Gina said...

Beautiful... and great quilting!

Adrienne said...

Gorgeous Quilting! Love your background blue in this project. So fresh!

Adrienne said...

Gorgeous Quilting! Love your background blue in this project. So fresh!

rtquilter said...

Very pretty Janet! Beautiful quilting and such a restful but lively palette!

Vicki Miller said...

I wish I could do it as well as you!
That's not very likely, so I'll just drool over yours

Angie in SoCal said...

So beautiful and such an inspiring post of how to come to a pattern for a quilt. Thanks for sharing.

PatchworkPottery said...

You could call it " Country Chic for Laurraine"?! It's absolutely lovely Janet! I love the colors, fabrics and especially the quilting! Hugs, Li