So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

what a weekend!

all my bags are packed...
lots of sewing, chatting, laughter and eating - oh my!  The food we had! The wine and cheese!  It was a great retreat weekend at Loon Lake.
a beautiful spot
I managed to get a few things finished - some small items,  but then bounced around from project to project before settling into to doing some quilting.
a little warm up quilting
 As part of this lovely weekend hosted by the talented Krista of Poppyprint fame, we had an opportunity to do a workshop with Krista Withers on Compositional Quilting. This was a preview of a class Krista is teaching at QuiltCon next February.  I don't think I will ever look at a quilt top the same way!  A good part of my weekend was spent quilting a top I had put together just for this workshop.
Fun fun fun!
getting started

always have to have feathers, don't you?
what I got done by the end of the weekend
the back

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network this week,



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy quilting!

Janet

11 comments:

momiji said...

What fun, and great quilting, as always! Glad you had such a wonderful time--it makes me think I ought to try a weekend retreat one of these days!

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am recovering from a recent retreat myself. And how lucky to have Krista to do a pre-class QuiltCon class.
Looks like a beautiful location too.

Barb N said...

What gorgeous quilting! And fun to have a retreat and great instruction.

Poppyprint said...

You were so productive this weekend! I'm glad you had a nice time and thank you for providing such inspiration with your FMQ. Amazing!! I agree, I will be looking at negative space in an entirely new light now, too. That K2 knows stuff.

elle said...

AH! When a negative becomes a positive!!! Glad you had a great time!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Looks like you had a great time! Love your quilting!

Karen Ackva said...

There's a lot of negative space going on in your quilt. It looks like you had fun filling it all in! Glad you to see you coming back refreshed. Don't you just love retreats!

Maggi said...

The setting is beautiful and I love the quilt under the nation. Are the flowers appliquéd or painted?

Hilary Florence said...

Now that sounds like a concept after my own heart, and I love your outcome. Sounds like a good class.

Lorna McMahon said...

Wow! That quilting is simply incredible! Looks like you had a wonderful time at the retreat. And got lots of fun time in quilting!

Carla said...

Looks like you got a lot done. Wow Love the quilting!
Looks like a very peaceful and relaxing place