So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

2015 free motion quilting challenge

You may have heard that there is a new Free Motion Quilting challenge going on in 2015. It is being hosted by Darlene at QuiltShopGal (formerly SewCalGal) it seems hard to believe that the last challenge was way back in 2012!  I learnt so much then, I'm planning on participating again this year.  Not sure if I'll make every month, but we'll see!  There will be several options that you can do, and every month the pieces will be made into pillow.  I can do that!  For January, the option I choose was option #3 - which involves feathers and hearts.

I finished my first pillow yesterday.

And because I plan on giving this to my granddaughter for Valentines Day, I didn't want her brother to feel left out, so I created a second one for him. Both have hanging triangles sewn in so that they can be hung on a bedroom wall, if wanted.
You can see the second one on my Flickr page, link to the left.
(I am feeling pretty frustrated with posting these days, with the inability to include as many pictures as I would like, so please accept my apologies for just sending you to my Flickr page.)

I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!

Linking up to January of the 2015 Free Motion Quilting challenge

Happy quilting! Janet

13 comments:

Béa said...

Really beautiful, congrats !

Karin said...

This looks nice. I like those neat feathers that surround the heart. Great choice.

elle said...

oooh! I like that contrast of matchstick quilting with the feathered heart!

Peggy said...

That is gorgeous! Didn't know there was a limit to the number of photos you can post on Blogger, but I haven't used Blogger to write my posts in years. I'm using Windows Live Writer, and love it!

Hilary Florence said...

It's looking good Janet! I think the matchstick quilting is a great choice - it's a lovely contrast. Good luck!
As to a limit on photo numbers - there has to a be a fault somewhere. I can put up as many as I like on blogger.
Hope you can sort it.

Renate said...

What a wonderful Valentine gift! I've just got to get busy practicing my feathers. Yours just seem to flow so easily. Say, can I be your Valentine too?

Can't Stop Stitchin said...

What a beautiful pillow. Love the feathers you put inside the border around the large heart and have little hearts at the top and bottom. Well done!

Fiona said...

it's beautiful... i love all the different textures you have in it.... great job...
Hugz

2ne said...

Love your pillow :-D I also follow this challange and it is so fun. Have a great and creative week end.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Beautiful absoutely!!!
Your heart ist perfect, I wish I could quilt like this.
Thanks for sharing!

Vicki Miller said...

Gorgeous as usual. I'd love to join in, but you know how good I am at sticking to challenges, lol

Maggi said...

Gorgeous, no wonder you were pleased with how it turned out.

Gina said...

I love your heart pillow! Maybe if there is a free motion challenge in another three years I'll be ready to join as it sounds like fun.