So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Monday, April 13, 2015

Qtr 2 2015 finish along - just what do I hope to get done?

2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
I've got three months - that's lots of time to get things done, right?!!  My first quarter achievements far exceeded my goals, so this time, I'm upping the ante!

I've got a few things on my list that will be - should be - pretty easy to achieve, fingers crossed!  These include finishing the quilting and adding the binding on this one:
Vienna Nights #1 finish the quilting and bind - see the binding is all ready to add!
Binding this one:
another one using Vienna Nights - geez I have a lot of it in my stash!
Quilting and binding these three:
Robyn Pandolph baby

Star baby

Carpenters star baby

These first five are all donation preemie quilts, and the three that need quilting and binding will be some long arm practice pieces.  I'm looking forward to that!

Then there is this tablerunner -
Silkscreened table runner
I made this in a workshop with Brandy Lynn Maslowski - of Canadian Quilt Talk podcast fame - through the Blue Mountain Quilters Guild.  It was a fun workshop on screen printing - it needs to get finished!

Next, is my Gees Bend inspired quilt done in a workshop with fellow Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild member Paul K. This one is a couple of years old now.  I've started the quilting, but still a ways to go.
Gees Bend improv
There is this convergence quilt which I made a lot of years ago!  Time to get it finished!
Convergence quilt
Okay, now the fun - and challenge begins! I've got a couple of bigger projects that I'm itching to get done.  I'm off to a quilting retreat this weekend, and I'm bound and determined I'm going to piece two Scrappy Mountain Majesties quilts (free pattern by Bonnie Hunter) using my stash.  These two are destined for the bunkbeds at our family cabin in Cape Breton.  While I'm using the same pattern and fabrics, the layouts will be different, so they won't be too matchy matchy!
Scrappy Mountain Majesties x two
These ones will also be practice quilts on the long arm.

Finally, I've been wanting to do a Double Wedding Ring quilt for forever, but have always been deterred by all the pieces. I've found the solution!  I've cut all the pieces for a Metro Rings quilt. This is a great pattern by Sew Kind of Wonderful, using their Quick Curve Ruler.  It is coming with me this weekend, - lets see if I can also get it done this quarter! I'm looking forward to doing some fun quilting on it!
Metro Rings
Wow - that's 11 on the goal list - I think that's going to keep me busy!  Maybe just a little bit crazy???? I better be well organized this quarter, now to go get started!


Happy quilting!
Janet

9 comments:

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

I admire your list and also what you have accomplished. I am doing the ALOYF which allows for a project per month. Maybe in the future I can tackle 3 months worth! You have a wonderful diverse list--what fun!

sherry said...

wow janet that is quite the list you have there…i know you can get it done…cheers!

elle said...

You can do it! I like your convergence and I'm intrigued by the DWR as they are also on my mind.

felicity said...

Go, Janet! Some lovely projects here! I still need to christen my QC ruler.

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Wow! Very ambitious! I look forward to seeing the finished projects.

Hilary Florence said...

Wow. I've only just read the list and I am ready for a cup of tea!

Maggi said...

That is certainly an extensive list but I know that you'll get it done, and beautifully too.

Denise Bongiovanni~ said...

Wow, you go girl!!! You can do it!!! I love your determination!! All the quilts are beauties, can't wait to se them completed!

Nini~

Karen Ackva said...

Hi Janet! I though I was the only one with so many UFO's. ;-) I really admire you for making your list and diligently working it off. I should take you as an example and do the same. I love your eccletic style of fabris and designs! Great job, Janet!
Hugs, Karen