So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Thursday, April 7, 2016

A fun little baby quilt

This past Monday, I had a chance to try out a sitdown midarm - a Pfaff powerquilter 16 to be exact (thank you Jane!)  I had fun!  I made up a pretty simple baby quilt on the weekend, with lots of open space so that I could try out some feathers, some free motion quilting and some ruler work.  I was very happy with all of them!  Not saying I'm in the market to buy one of these right now, but it sure was great to be able to spend some time and see how it worked with the way I like to quilt.  Big bonus, the back and shoulders were very happy when I was done!

Here's a few pics

StarBaby Full

StarBaby detail

StarBaby2

StarBaby

This one will be a donation quilt for the Blue Mountain Quilter's Guild.

Now, I need to get back to my Pineapple Blossom!

Linking up this week to
Sew Fresh Quilts


Go take a look and see what everyone's been working on!
Happy quilting!
Janet

5 comments:

Heide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heide said...

What a sweet little baby quilt. Beautiful quilting too!

felicity said...

Beautiful, Janet!

Barb N said...

Fun quilt all the way around!

Lynette said...

What a pretty baby quilt. Yeah - I occasionally wish I had several thousand dollars sitting around so I could upgrade my machine for easier FMQ work. Would be nice, eh? :) But the back and shoulders have to carry on. :D