So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

It was a beautiful day!

The sun finally made an appearance today and it was warm!  I was going to continue to work on my row robin quilt - quilting it for the FMQ Challenge, but the sun convinced me to do something else. 
I've had this idea in the back of my head for quite some time - ever since I saw this quilt that Emma did, and have enjoyed watching various artists create zentangles,.  Now I'm no doodler, but I find them really intriguing, so I thought I would try out this idea I've had.
It started with a sketch
sorry about the poor quality of the pic

which I transferred to my fabric, selected my threads, and got started.


Various threads later, the sun was still looking a little pale,

so I pulled out my holographic gold sliver. 


That adds some nice sparkle! 


Time to work on the sky!


While I wasn't having any issues as I was quilting the sun, even with the sliver, the sky thread keeps giving me grief!  Several needles and re-threading later, this is where I've gotten too.  Time to call it a day!

Sunny Days so far

Not sure what the weather will bring tomorrow, but I'm going to a VMQG sew in, so I'll be quite content!


Happy quilting!

13 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Amazing work!! Found you through the Flickr group Modern Quilting stitches :)

Joan said...

Oh - now THAT is beautiful!! What a great work!! WHat will the finished size be??

Maggi said...

Lovely piece. Have you seen Pauline Barnes' work? She does a lot on plain fabric adding colour with stitch alone. http://www.paulinebarnesquilts.co.uk/

Desley said...

Stunning, and very artistic. I look forward to seeing more.

Beth said...

WOW! Words fail me. That is just so amazing. Looks awesome.

corina said...

Wow! I love your design and the quilting is gor-ge-ous! Can't wait to see more of your work.

Gina said...

Beautiful quilting!

Poppyprint said...

As my friend Lynne would say, Oh! My giddy Aunt! Unbelievable. I can't quite fathom that you just sat down and accomplished this in an afternoon.

dutchcomfort said...

This is such gorgeous quilting! FMQ for 14 days in a row will make you an even better pro!!

Renate said...

What can I say? O..M...G!!!!!! the control you have of your FMQ is stunning!

Emma said...

This looks absolutely fantastic!

felicity said...

Holy cow, so amazingly beautiful, Janet!!

PatchworkPottery said...

Holey Moley! You are beyond amazing Janet! It is absolutely stunning!!!!