So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Happy New Year everyone!  We ushered the new year in nice and quietly around here - just they way I like it!  Hope you got to enjoy it in your favourite way, too!


Even though I had high hopes yesterday of actually getting another 2011 finish done before the clock ran out, it was not to be.


Drop in was a good time chatting and visiting, with not so much sewing taking place!  Today, well maybe I'll start the year off with a first finish?  We'll see!


My focus in 2011 was to work on my FMQ - I think I had a successful year, and look forward to doing even more practice this year, and with SewCalGal's 2012 FMQ Challenge to keep me going, I am already anticipating a good year!  A big goal for me this year is to do a wholecloth quilt - and have it ready for the Blue Mountain Quilter's Guild quilt show this October.  I have also committed (should be committed?) to working out of my stash and trying to whittle it down a little.  Hopefully, there will be some string quilts and scrap quilts making an appearance this year!  I joined a Stashbusters group over on the MQResource site to keep me going on this one!


Here's just a little of what I accomplished in 2011 - see my sidebar for a more complete listing, if you are interested!
A sampling of my 2011 finishes
A few of my favourite 2011 finishes
Not included in this mosaic are any of my Tangled Textiles Challenge pieces, or any postcards for the 4x6er's group, as well as a variety of smaller projects completed for swaps or just because!


I am looking forward to a productive and fun 2012 - I hope you are too!


Happy quilting!


Linking up to Fresh Sewing Day over at Lily's Quilts!


Fresh Sewing Day

14 comments:

mtnquiltr said...

You've had lots of lovely colourful projects. Here's looking forward to many more in 2012!

Beth said...

You finished such beautiful things in 2011. I enjoy seeing your fantastic FMQ.
Happy New Year!!! Look forward to more quilty fun in 2012.

quirky granola girl said...

that sun quilt is amazing!

Birdydownunder said...

Happy New Year, it was quiet here although I did hear a lot more fireworks.
I have found the problem with using (trying to use) only the stash. In some fabrics I am down to too small pieces and the colours have changed over the years. Sometimes this doesn't go with that or this or that. lol.
Good luck.

Maggi said...

A very Happy New Year to you. I am looking forwards to your projects in 2012

Julzie said...

Lots of lovely projects, can't wait to see what you make in 2012 :)

Vicki Miller said...

Another massive producer! Your achievements in 2011 are wonderful. Have a happy new year!

elle said...

Good mosaic. I'm thinking about the mqing challenge as it fits with my resolve to learn more about threads.

Marjorie said...

I am so impressed with your sun quilts. Looks like I'll be seeing your around the FMQ challenge this year! Happy sewing.

Leanne said...

Your projects are beautiful! And your plans sound great, I wish you and yours all the best for the new year.

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

the quilting on your center photo is amazing!

Holly said...

Happy New Year, Janet! If your goal for 2011 was to work on your FMQ, I'd say you've surpassed that goal! Your quilting is outstanding! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in 2012!

felicity said...

What a year, Janet! Such beautiful work. i'm excited to see what you get up to in 2012.

Frederique said...

Wow, you have been busy! Gorgeous quilts, and I love you 4x6ers too!