Around our house, the way it works is he builds it, I finish it, so last weekend I did just that. Sanded it and applied three coats of a satin varathane finish. Oh it is so nice to not have to fight the quilt over the edge of the machine when I'm quilting!
Had to give it a test run, so have been working on the baby quilt - progress is being made!
It is actually going to take a while to adjust to not having to fight the quilt so much - my FM straight lines got a little wobbly! But oh it is fun, and much easier on my neck and shoulders.
Maybe now I'll make faster headway on my pile of WIPs, waiting to be quilted.
Linking up to The Needle & Thread Network this week.
The table: It came together pretty quickly and easily, and fits both my Mega Quilter (shown) and my Lily 555 (both Husqvarna Viking). It is made from an Ikea table top and 4 Ikea adjustable legs, a piece of plywood (the machine shelf) and a piece of 1/4" acrylic from Lowe's that was cut to fit each machine (like I said, he's a keeper!) I've got another table top piece and just have to pickup 4 more adjustable legs and I'll have a second table that can be set to the same height to use as a "run off" when I'm working on larger projects.