So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Tranquility

I have another finish to show!  I am very pleased with this one, too.  It is pretty different from my last finish, just a few days ago, but also another one off my 2015 Finish Along, 1st Qtr list.  Please forgive the number of pictures, but I just couldn't decide which ones not to include :)
Some details before I get to the pictures:
  • This was a Blue Mountain Quilters Guild Round Robin, started way back in 2011. I made the centre block, and my BMQG friends (Gladys, Louise, Bridget, Bonnie and Mary) added the borders.  It has cured for several years, waiting for me to get up the nerve to quilt it the way I felt it should be quilted.  This year I felt ready.
  • The quilt finishes at about 50" x 54"
  • I used a double batt to emphasize the quilting - a layer of Legacy Wool over cotton batting.
  • Stitched with a combination of Aurifil 50# and Superior Bottomline on top and Bottomline in the bobbin throughout.
  • all stitching done on my Mega Quilter (set into a table)
  • I stitched in the ditch almost all seams
  • I marked the feather spines and the diamonds (in the first border) but all stitching was free motion on this one.
I love the colours on this and have called it Tranquility.  I hope you like it!















Happy quilting!
Janet

13 comments:

Jackie said...

Gorgeous absolutely gorgeous. I love the pattern and your quilting....I say again gorgeous!!!

Colleen said...

You have certainly done a lovely job with the quilting. Beautiful!!

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Lovely job!

Renate said...

Stunning, just simply stunning! Perfect name for this quilt!

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

LOVE,LOVE,LOVE! The quilt is beautiful and the quilting is over the top! This quilt is cured and aged to perfection! And you title for the quilt is perfect.

Barb Neiwert said...

Very pretty quilting! Using the double batting makes a big difference in allowing the quilting to stand out. Thanks for posting ALL the pictures - we enjoyed looking at your handiwork!

Maggi said...

Absolutely love it. Stunning qui.ting and the colours work so well together.

Quilt Rat said...

Wow! Your quilting is spectacular....really makes this piece sing!

Hilary Florence said...

Fantastic quilting, i think I like the back more than the front! Your double batting has really paid off - the diamonds pop out.

Amy @ Amy's FMQ Adventures said...

This is great!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

That quilting is just stunning! Great finish!

Mary said...

Fantastic quilting, Janet!!

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

I can't believe I didn't comment on this one sooner. I know I looked at it and was very impressed, but it appears I didn't actually say anything. So I'm doing that now - beautiful, fabulous quilting, I love it!