Some details before I get to the pictures:
- This was a Blue Mountain Quilters Guild Round Robin, started way back in 2011. I made the centre block, and my BMQG friends (Gladys, Louise, Bridget, Bonnie and Mary) added the borders. It has cured for several years, waiting for me to get up the nerve to quilt it the way I felt it should be quilted. This year I felt ready.
- The quilt finishes at about 50" x 54"
- I used a double batt to emphasize the quilting - a layer of Legacy Wool over cotton batting.
- Stitched with a combination of Aurifil 50# and Superior Bottomline on top and Bottomline in the bobbin throughout.
- all stitching done on my Mega Quilter (set into a table)
- I stitched in the ditch almost all seams
- I marked the feather spines and the diamonds (in the first border) but all stitching was free motion on this one.