So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

new distraction!

Hi there!  Here on the west coast of Canada we are enjoying a beautiful early spring.  I've been out working in the garden, trying to whip it into shape, and it is getting there!  We're planning on putting a few vegetable beds in the front yard this year, and I've been busy trying to get rid of the weeds.  A loosing battle I'm sure, but at least I shall start with good intentions!  One of these days I'll take a few pictures.

Progress is slow on my Pineapple Blossom quilt, I've been distracted with smaller quicker projects, and am quite happy with this one!
art deco rose
Art deco Rose 
I had fun using some hand-dyed fabric I did a while ago, and then really had fun with the quilting!  It is going to lead to a few other projects and ideas, I'm sure!


Happy quilting!
Janet

5 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

Gorgeous quilting janet!

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

In love with the art deco rose and your hand dyes are beautiful not to mention your quilting--Stunning!!! Is the rose some sort of pattern?

Jackie said...

Gorgeous quilting and I love the rose shape you made.

Renate said...

As always the quilting is stunning. The rose motif is very reminiscent of Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

Lynette said...

Love your rose mini! That fabric is so pretty - perfect for this - and the quilting works so marvelously. :)