So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

VMQG Showcase!

For the past week, almost all my quilty time has been spent getting things ready for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild Showcase.

This is our first show and we are pretty excited about the quilts and the venue!  I really hope, if you are in the Vancouver area next weekend, that you take some time to come see.  The location is pretty fabulous all by itself - right next to the Lonsdale Quay.  Add some wonderful quilts into the mix, and it makes for a perfect outing in my opinion!  Being part of the organizing committee, I will be there all weekend, so come say "Hi!"

I did say it took almost all my time.  I did manage to get the binding on the three table runners from last weekend, two are machine done and finished:


I decided to hand-stitch the binding on the third one, and it is still in progress.

I've also been working on my black & white plus 1 colour challenge for the Blue Mountain Quilters Guild show in October.  Progress is being made!  Yay!

Happy quilting!
Janet

2 comments:

sherry said...

well done janet...getting something finished way better then me

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Janet, I know how much work you put into organizing the VMQG Showcase - amazing organization skills! So I'm really impressed that you also found some time for binding and working on your challenge quilt.