So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Catching Up

for all it being a busy month, not a lot of finishes to show for it!  I had several swaps that kept me busy - the 4x6ers postcards - which I've realized I never took a final picture of all of them before mailing!  So here's the one I kept for myself.
May postcard

Potholder Pass 3 - that one is also in the mail - I do hope my partner likes it!
potholder pass3 done

and then the Flickr group Mini QT swap, where I had 3.5" squares and a mini quilt.  The squares you saw before here (way down the post!), but the mini quilt is currently enroute to my partner so you can only see this tiny bit until she receives it.
it's in the mail

I didn't do so well with my Spring to Finish challenge - only finished one of the 4 I had hoped to (see my sidebar).  But I am bound and determined that these three will be my next UFOs to be finished - if I can just stop signing up for more swaps, and starting new charity quilts (2 of which I hope to have done by Friday).

I had a wonderful visit with Laurraine from Patchwork Pottery this morning.  Laurraine is a new neighbour who I met through blogging and she is amazing!  Please go check out her website and Flickr page!!!  I love this blogging - I'm getting to meet so many neat, creative and talented folks!

and finally, the kitchen reno is progressing - we now have our sink in place although we haven't got the plumbing hooked up again yet.  But it's getting there!
kitchen progress

Looks like 3  4 OPAM finishes for May.  Since I have several projects almost done that means June should start of with a bang!

Happy quilting!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

You're doing great whittling your UFO list down!

The renos are coming along nicely, too. Did I tell you I LOVE that red?

joan said...

Lovely post... your projects are absolutely gorgeous!I must come back to browse some more!

Maggi said...

Gorgeous projects, I particularly like the bright potholders. That mini quilt is in colours that I love though, can't wait to see it revealed in full.

Unknown said...

First of all, the kitchen looks incredible...I love the wall color, it really sets off the cabinets....
Second of all, I got the little wallet pattern! woohoo.....I am posting about it on my blog tonight.....thanks so much again!

Unknown said...

I love the card that you kept for yourself too.....that red!!!! I just love it.....

Java Venus said...

Hi! I found your blog through Laurraine's...I love your quilty projects and the color of your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!