So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Progress is being made!

Cruiser quilt by What Comes Next
Cruiser quilt, a photo by What Comes Next on Flickr.
I can strike the donation quilt off my list - managed to get it quilted, bound and washed yesterday afternoon.  FMQ continuous lines through the blocks - quick and effective for covering large ares quickly.
continuous line quilting in each block

  And then I got started on the baby quilt - a Disappearing 9 patch, made using the charm pack of It's a Hoot, I won from Kaelin over at The Plaid Scottie.  Added a few extras from my stash, and got all the blocks done, and laid out.  I'll look at them for a while, but will have it quilted and bound by the end of the weekend.
baby quilt progress

I love it when things come together!  And a three day sewing retreat this weekend - wahoo!

And today I had my amazing friend Laurraine from Patchwork Pottery came over, and she was helping me re-organize my sewing space!  I love it!  Still sorting and organizing my fabrics, and no pictures right now, but I have floor - and room for my design wall!  Yayyy!

Happy quilting!

5 comments:

Vicki Miller said...

Wow, you have been busy. My chatity quilts are still a way off being finished, but at least the longarm is not covered in work any more, so I can finish them quick. Great work

Joan said...

Yopu have been so busy...and I feel like I am not acccomplishing much - I always look forward to your blog :)

Beth said...

Wow! Great progress. Love both of your projects. I really have to pull out some scraps and try a disappearing 9 patch.

Poppyprint said...

I hope you have a fantastic retreat weekend!! Looking forward to photos of your reorganized space!

JB said...

Whoa!! Slow down, you are putting some of us to shame. :-)