So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Monday, June 13, 2011

We found some sun!


don't you just want to go running down there and jump in the lake?
Yaay!  It has been in short supply around here this year, but we went to the Okanagan for the weekend, and while they threatened some showers and clouds, we had mostly sunshine. 
Calm morning
  
Okanagan Lake


Summerland Orchards

 The temperature was a little lower than normal, but it still reached about 23C, and that was fine by me!  We did a little wine tasting, a little wandering and a little more wine tasting, and naturally, we also did a little purchasing.  We've come home with a dozen new bottles of wine to sit and enjoy.

isn't this just a fabulous pinecone?

Not a lot to show on the sewing front, as everything I've been working on is for challenges that can't yet be revealed, but I will give you this little tease of my first challenge piece for the Tangled Textiles, an international cyber fibre journey.  Our first theme was "Games" and our big reveal is going to be June 15 - that's coming up this week, and I can't wait to see how everyone has interpreted it!
Daisy, daisy give me your answer do....


Happy quilting!

8 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Sounds like a great weekend, Janet! Looking forward to your cyber fibre reveal!

dutchcomfort said...

Such beautiful pictures Janet, both from your weekend and from the challenge!

I finished my games quilt too!

Desley said...

What beautiful scenery.

Iceni UK said...

Janet, your weekend sounded wonderful.
I love your daisies, so fresh and lovely to look at.
Hugs.

Beth said...

Fantastic pictures!!
Love the peek at your challenge.

Gina said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Is Ogopogo still roaming the lake?! Looking forward to seeing your reveal of 'games'!

Vicki Miller said...

Yes, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. The photos are beautiful. I may have to ask you permission to use one or two in a quilt.

Kim S said...

I love Okanagan Lake... It's been a few years since we've been there, um like 10, but I always love it... it's so pretty and peaceful there!