I'm sure you're all getting tired of my Kona Challenge, but I did get it all finished a few days ago, and this morning I managed to get a few pictures taken.
I am very happy with how it has turned out, and am very pleased that I'm keeping this one. I like the back as much as the front, too!
The quilting is decidedly different from what I've been doing lately - all done with my walking foot, and in a somewhat overlapping pattern - not a curve, curl, or feather to be seen!
Somehow, none of these seemed to fit this design. It was a bit of a challenge given the size and all the turning, and being so used to FMQing, but I think it was well worth it. I've also got plans in the works for another version of it, but that will wait until later in the summer, once I've finished a wedding quilt that is due at the end of August.
- Robert Kaufman challenge done through the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild
- Challenge = use all colours in the Kona Dark charm pack in a quilt. Other fabrics could be added, but the charm pack had to remain the focus
- my original design
- all 43 colours of the Kona Dark charm pack appear in both the front and back of the quilt
- Background = Kona Ash
- finished size = 54"x64"
- finished squares = 3.5"
- number of squares = 238 (plain = 39 pieced = 199
- number of pieces in pieced squares = 5
- total # of pieces (excluding border, binding and backing) = 1034
- Finished size of coloured squares = 2.5", 1.5" and 0.5"
- Would I do it again? YES!
- Name = "There's Medication for That! (The Little Pill of Insanity)"
I never get tired looking at it. A great job and Happy Canada Day.
Love it! It looks even better all quilted. Another beautiful quilt.
It's fabulous, and your right the quilting is perfect. It sets the entire quilt on fire!! Great job!
Great job, Janet. I like it that you did some quilting totally different from your other work. You are right, it completely suits your amazing quilt design! I hope to see it at the July meeting.
Can't wait to see this beauty in person, Janet. I love how you did the quilting - perfect!
It's great and the quilting is perfect!
Looks stunning and the quilting is just right
It's beautiful! Both sides!
Brawo!It is beautiful!
Post a Comment