So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

where has the time gone?

Did you realize that it is going to be February next week?  I better get moving - so far I've only had one finish this year, that was my Tangled Textiles challenge posted about here and here.  I do have several projects in the works, one that I talked about last post that I can't show, but I'm still busy hand appliqueing away.
Still have to do the binding on this one, but maybe I'll get that on later tonight.  But for some new pictures, here are two other projects I've been working on - thanks to the VMQG sew in on Sunday, I made progress on both of them.
pieced and ready to sandwich and quilt

progress on my charm square runner - sandwiched and have started to quilt it

Nothing fancy or flashy this week, but good steady progress.  Linking up to The Needle and Thread Network this week.


Happy quilting!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, my two finishes so far this year have been tiny little things. At least you have something substantial to show for January ;)

Renate said...

Like the table runner; looks really long. I'll be interested to see how you decide to quilt it. Feathers?

Mary Ann Tate said...

One big finished for January is not bad at all:)...and what a finish...wonderful.

Maggi said...

Nice star. I like the way that you have added an inner strip of the striped fabric. Lovely table runner too.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Very nice pieces....it takes time to get perfection; you know.

Peggy said...

Yes, time is flying by - but one finish already is nothing to cry about! Love your star!

Beth said...

Any progress is good! Enjoy the process.

Sheila said...

Great progress ,your projects look wonderful!

Susan J Barker said...

Fun little star! Am wondering how LONG is the table running and how wide are the blocks? I am thinking of a space on a wall in my bedroom that is crying for long and narrow -- perhaps this is the idea I have been fishing for...

tusen said...

The charm square runner looks great.