So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Friday, February 24, 2012

Another finish

I like when I can say that, don't you?  
This one is my February 2012 Free Motion Quilting Challenge piece and uses Diane Gaudynski's feather plumes.  I had a lot of fun with those!
modern babycentre quilting
quilting
modern baby3


After this last string of donation quilts, I think it's time for another one for me to keep.  Now, should that be one of my WIPs or UFOs or do I start something new???


Happy quilting!


p.s. - I've edited to add this to Sew Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations - go check out some of the other modern finishes this week. 

21 comments:

Linda said...

It's beautiful! Awesome feathers.

Poppyprint said...

Holy. Janet you're amazing. I just went through the pix in flickr so I could get closer. Your quilting is just incredible!!!!!

Mary said...

Great quilting! Good for you for another finish. I wish I could say the same. It seems I never have time to get to my machine anymore.

I love your feather plumes, too.

Lynette said...

Wow, lady! This is gorgeous :D

Beth said...

Fantastic quilting! Start a new project now. ;)

corina said...

Awesome job! Your feathers are beautiful!

Norma said...

Beautiful feathers! I just love doing them. Your quilts are wonderful!

Renate said...

Another exquisite job well done! Your FMQ is inspirational.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Fantastic feathers

felicity said...

Fabulous, Janet. Just absolutely incredible quilting.

Helen in the UK said...

BEAUTIFULLY done!! You've taken a very traditional motif and managed to make it look modern. Love the binding fabric you used - perfect. Huge congrats :)

Joanne said...

Such a stunning quilt, and your quilting is fabulous!
The lure of starting a new quilt is so tempting - good luck with your decision.

Tina said...

Amazing work. Beautiful!

Vicki Miller said...

Would you come over here and do some of my quilts? It's only about 20,000 or so miles and you make perfection look so easy.

Kerstin said...

wow, great quilting. I love your feathers

mckittycat said...

Beautiful! As usual your work is incredible.

Maggi said...

Stunning quilting. I'm thinking of sending you my UFOs when you've finished yours.

Joan said...

Congrats on another finish - and I do love your quilting :)

JanuaryT said...

I just popped over from the Sew Modern Monday and I love your free motion!! It's really beautiful. I can't wait to have a look around your blog and will be following you now. I hope your having a great day!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, I love your design and your quilting is beautiful, Janet! Wow!

Sew Gramy Sew said...

I was just looking back through the feather technique to make sure I had it right in my mind to do a baby quilt. I was looking through a couple of ladies posts, and not any looked as good as yours. have you done this before? I love the way you filled in the block with your feather in a circle, then all the way around also. Thank you for the wonderful ideas. I was happy to see your design. It really helped me at this point. Tammie