So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May's FMQ practice

This month, SewCalGal's freemotion quilting tutorial expert is Leah Day.  Now there's a fountain of inspiration for you!
I thought I should get my practice pieces done and posted as I'm heading off to Quilt Canada 2012 in Halifax come this weekend!  Really looking forward to that, and to visit some friends and family back in my old stomping grounds.
The freemotion quilting design for this month was a couple of variations on stippling - they both give some great texture, but I particularly like the "railroad tracks".

FMQ May 2

FMQ May 1
You should give these a try!

Happy quilting!

2 comments:

elle said...

These are really great ideas for line and texture. Wow, happy Quilt Canada

sherry said...

i like your quilting....i am jealous of quilt canada...maybe next year...but i should admit i am going to international quilt festival in houston this oct...so enjoy yourself...looking forward to the photos when you return...happy trails