So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Friday, November 27, 2009

Changing my mind

Again!  Do you ever do that?  Think you have something completely thought out as to how you are going to do it, get started, and COMPLETELY change your mind?  I had decided that I was going to do simple loopy quilting on my winter challenge quilt, "Morning Frost".
Morning Frost
I figured it would work well, suited the design, and would be fast to do.  This, I felt was important, because I have a number of projects to get completed as Christmas presents, and the sooner I get done this one, the sooner I'm on to the next.  Also, because this is my first large quilt to do on my domestic machine, I wanted it to be manageable!
Well!
I had no sooner done my warm up practice loops then I decided I wanted more.  Instead of this being a quick and done quilt job, I'm still working away on it -  
Its got feathers


its got swirls


its got fill patterns


 and I don't know what all it will have by the time I'm finished!  I am liking it, but oohh its taking time!


(a view of the back)

What comes next?  More of the same I guess, but let me tell you now - my next quilt is going to be straight lines!

4 comments:

Maggi said...

It is such a lovely quilt, it deserves the special quilting.

Sipiweske Quilts said...

Lookin' good! - Marlene

a good yarn said...

A girl after my own heart. What fabulous quilting. I haven't tried feathers yet (too chicken). You have inspired me to try! Happy Quilting, Ann :)

Birdydownunder said...

oh dear you put my stippling into its place.
Fabulous quilting.