So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Finishes

With the Christmas excitement over now, I can get back to the business of quilting!  Running up to Christmas I did manage to get a few quilts finished, but it seems in my excitement to gift them, I didn't take the finished product pictures!
A "Joy in the New Year Challenge" finish was this quilt which was gifted to my sister

in progress - sorry no finished pics



I wanted to make it larger than just the jelly roll size, but I only had a blue that was too bright and a plain cream, and no time to go shopping.  Out came the tea and in went the blue, which toned it down nicely, and with the cream, out came my stamp pads and some gold ink, and voila, the cream works better now as well!  This was quilted with a simple diagonal grid, and was a big hit when it was received.
The next two finishes were starts as well so don't go towards my "Joy" totals - the disappearing 9 patch I first blogged about here.  This was a present for my nephew and I am very happy with how it turned out. 



I really like the back, too!  Wanting to use up the fabric from the front, I pieced together the back in a very random fashion. 



The grid pattern I quilted it with made for another quick finish, although I was sewing the labels on  moments before we were jumping in the car to go deliver them both!

The final finish was a set of placemats that just had to be made!  I was looking at my pile of green scraps and decided that my brother, who is really into his golf, needed a set of placemats commemorating "The Greens". 



I had fun making and giving quilts this year, and I've already made some plans for who is getting what next year!  Time to get started, Christmas will be here again before you know it!
Happy quilting!

2 comments:

a good yarn said...

I really like your quilts - great colour schemes in both. The pieced back is a winner too! Nice work.
Ann :-)

Maggi said...

All three gifts are lovely. Amazing what tea can do - just goes to show that we don't need to go rushing out for that special fabric!