So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy weekend!

I was assisting at a colour workshop put on  by our quilt guild this past weekend - lots of fun and I think everyone learned a lot - I know I did, and I was one of the mentors!  We covered the basics from the physics of colour, through the colour wheel, and tints, shades and tones, right through to texture and mood and colour schemes.  Everyone seemed to be having fun working through the various exercises.  Had taken my camera, but never managed to pull it out, so sorry, no pictures, although there were wonderful sample blocks made and lots of quilts on display.
My 4x6ers postcards will be in the mail tomorrow - one day late as I was too tired last night to do my write up and get them all addressed, but happening now!
What comes next?  my potholder pass 2.  My swap partner like modern - which I've never really done - what do you think -
a bit of Kaffe with some batiks
possibility1

or some Blush?
possibility2
I'm liking them both, but ???  Can you help me decide?
'til next time,
Happy quilting!

3 comments:

Melissa ;-) said...

You know, sometimes you just have too much fun to take pictures. I enjoy sharing on the blog, too, but sometimes it's nice just to let go and just enjoy the moment without worrying about the next blog post! As for the modern, I am not good on that, either, but if I had to choose, I think I'd choose the Kaffe. But only because the Blush appeals to me more and I consider myself more traditional than modern.

Beth said...

Glad you had a fun weekend.
I like both sets of fabric, but I think I would go with Kaffe for a really modern look.

Birdydownunder said...

Just catching up on my blog reading lol
I like the Kaffe with some batiks.