So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summertime!

Oh my!  It has been a while since I posted, hasn't it?  The last couple of weeks I've been having all kinds of internet connections, but hopefully it's all sorted out and I've got a somewhat stable connection now! 
Enough of that!  On to fun and sew quilty things!
A few weeks back I got the opportunity to meet a cyber-friend who was here in Vancouver visiting her son & DIL from England.  We met at the local quilt shop where I'm working part time - oh what fun it was!  Here's a picture of Isabell and I at The Needle and I Quilt Shop, not far from where I live.  Isabell is as lovely and charming in person as she is in cyberspace!  She is also an incredible stitcher - check out her Flickr page here!  I wish I had half her skill and talent!

We had great fun shopping and exchanged our Ocean theme postcards in person.  Pop on over to the 4X6ers blog to see some images of all the cards.
I have managed to get a few things finished - here are my postcards

and
this little tape measure house I made on one of my Monday morning sewing sessions with Laurraine of Patchwork Pottery.  This is Laurraine's own design - isn't it cute? See more of Laurraine's great work at her Flickr site here!  On another day at Laurraine's I finished sewing the binding on this, and Laurraine took these wonderful pictures - she not only is a talented designer, she's a great photographer, too!



I also finished this one a few days later


Way back on June 21 I sent off a mini quilt to England for the June Picnic/BBQ Mini QT Swap (blogged about it here).  Well it finally arrived on July 31!  Phew! and my partner likes it!  double phew!! I was thinking I was going to have to make another one!  Anyway, here's the final version
Mini QT for paulaozier Picnic theme.
I've got a few other things finished or nearly so, but those along with some other pictures, will have to wait.
I've also been the very lucky recipient of all kinds of goodies - more to follow on those next post, too!

Happy quilting!

2 comments:

Jan said...

You have made such beautiful things and I do envy you working in the quilting shop ,though I fear I would spend all I earnt if I was there ,I look forward to the pictures of the things you mention ,in your next post ,...love Jan in the UK P S I posted today , http://serendipitylives-jan.blogspot.com/

Melissa ;-) said...

Your friend is a beautiful stitcher, but I have to say that I just LOVE that picnic quilt! So cute!