So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

There was a change of plans

I just wasn't thrilled with my design for the DQS10 this time round, and so I wasn't making any head way on it. I originally thought I was going to do this

full size

with some or all these fabrics
possible fabrics

But I was kinda ho hum about it. Today I tried out what I thought would be my method and YUCK! I hated it! Not going that way for sure, and no, there are no pictures - it was a disaster!

Luckily, last weekend I had that fabulous workshop (see this post) where we did 60 degree angles, so I thought why not incorporate that technique? I still love the colours and fabrics I choose, so this is where it is headed now.
changing direction with DQS10

I'm liking this! I started with 2.5" strips, but I think I'm going to see about throwing some little babies in there, maybe 1.5" strips, just to give it some more action!

I also got my 4x6ers postcards done, and they'll be going in the mail tomorrow. Theme this time round was monochromatic - here's a little tease!
monochromatic peek

So, what do you think?

Happy quilting!

6 comments:

felicity said...

Positively loving the diamonds!

Poppyprint said...

Me too!

Beth said...

Great diamonds, lovethe fabrics.

Renate said...

Glad to see that someone also has ideas that turn out "disasters". Love the 60 degree angle work and the colours. I'd be curious to see how you incorporate the 1.5 inch pieces.

Joan said...

Enjoying your decision making :)

Maggi said...

Gorgeous fabrics and can't wait to see how it tuns out. I like the idea of monochrome postcards.