Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get the quilting finished, delayed in part as described in my last blog, but just plain ran out of time and energy, but I did reveal the in progress quilt
|on the design wall|
I am really pleased with how it is turning out! Our challenge was to use all of the charms in a quilt. We could add any other fabrics we wanted, but the charms had to remain the focus of the quilt. Being me, and loving a challenge, I immediately took the 5" squares and cut them in 6 pieces, and then sewed them back together. (Edit: I cut 1 3"square, 2 2" squares, 2 1" squares and had a 2x3" rectangle left which I pieced into the back. The small squares finish at just 1/2") In describing what I was going to do at a retreat, I was immediately greeted with "There's medication for that, you know", and that became the name of the quilt.
All of the colours appear on both the front and back of the quilt
I'm just doing a simple zigzag for the quilting, which hopefully, I'll get finished before we go on vacation, at which time I will take much better pictures. Wish me luck!
The summer is shaping up to be a busy one!