So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Saturday, November 8, 2014

where to begin?

Last post, I was just heading off to one of my guilds' quilt show.   It was a great show - around 200 quilts and so much wonderful talent and inspiration!  I was thrilled to find this
pinned to this quilt  Citrus Sisters

This one

and then this!
on   Leaf

Wow!  So cool!  (Sorry folks, I don't take a camera with me to quilt shows, so no in situ pictures)

I made some great progress last weekend on my Tangled Textiles piece - just a peek at my colour selection,

Then this week, I received an email telling me that my CQA - "It's time for colour"  - quilt has sold!
I'm so pleased!
Whirligig3


Now, to top it all off I'm headed off this weekend for a 4 day quilting retreat with some fab friends! I'm sure there will be a few IG posts floating around at #LoonLakeQuilters.  Maybe, just maybe, between wine and chatting, I just might get this top pieced together - it has been a wip since April, and I'd like to get it finished and donated.

There are a few other projects packed and ready to go, (okay, so maybe 9 or 10) as you know you never want to run out of things to do!





Hope you have plans for a fabulous weekend, but whatever your plans, make sure you take a minute at 11:00 am on November 11 to remember those that have fought for us all.
Happy quilting! Janet

15 comments:

Peggy said...

Congrats on all your ribbons. Well deserved. Have a great time at the retreat

Jennifer Scantlebury Vienneau said...

Congratulations on your awards! Your Tangled Textiles piece looks interesting - must be fun to be part of a group like that!

Linda said...

Congratulations, Janet! How awesome is that!

Leanne said...

Wow, your work deserves all those fabulous ribbons, and it is so nice to see you get them!

Renate said...

You get a Whoop Whoop for all those ribbons! Well deserved I might add! Your TT piece is looking interesting...hmm...someone beat me to your CQA piece...nuts!!!

Nicole said...

Yay you Janet!! I wanted to come over to see this show but couldn't swing it.

Have an amazing time at the retreat, and say hi to folks for me. Congrats again.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Janet! So well deserved!

Maggi said...

What a week for you. The awards are so well deserved, and I'm delighted to hear that It's Time for Colour has gone to a new home. Congratulations

Hilary Florence said...

Three ribbons in one show! Wow. wow. wow!!! Congratulations! You must be over the moon!

Beth said...

Congrats on the ribbons. all your work is blue ribbon to me.
I love that quilt with the triangles. I hope you get the top pieced so I can see it together. have fun and happy stitching

dutchcomfort said...

Congratulations on all the ribbons Janet! Enjoy your weekend retreat!

elle said...

Janet! That is sew great! Good for you. Yes, we certainly wouldn't want to run out of things to do! LOL

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Congrats on the ribbons, and the sale! All well deserved!

Karen Ackva said...

Congratulations times 3! I am so happy for you...everything seems to be going great for you! Enjoy the retreat; you deserve it!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

OH CONGRATULATIONS!!! : )