So.....

My photo
New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada
Welcome to my world where I try to figure out what I'm going to do next! These days, it is mostly quilting, but you never know what it might be... come find out with me!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Off to QuiltCon!

I'm heading off to Austin, Texas tomorrow morning for QuiltCon.  This is a modern quilting convention, with a massive quilt show, tons of lectures and workshops, and a few vendors thrown in for good measure!  Put on by The Modern Quilt Guild , this should be a wonderful time!  I am expecting to come back with a few goodies, and am really looking forward to meeting some blogging friends face to face.
Last night was our monthly Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild meeting.  As usual, it was lots of fun and very inspiring.  I managed to finish up the block lotto quilt I spoke about last time and took it in for show and tell.
VMQG block lotto

VMQG block lotto - back

It was also the first night for the 2015 round robin, so lots of mysterious brown paper bags were floating around containing people's starter blocks.  This was mine - improv. pieced and some low volume with Aqua/turquoise.  I won't see it again for 12 months!  It is going to be interesting to see what it looks like then!

VMQG - 2015 round robin starter block
Also last night, I received my copy of the new book Make It, Take It by Krista Hennebury, aka Poppyprint, who is a friend and fellow member of the VMQG.  This is a great book! Krista has compiled unique new patterns and designs from a variety of folks - many of whom are my blogging friends, and friends in real life! So fun!  I'm going to try to make all sixteen projects, which shouldn't be too tough 'cause they are all stinking cute!  I've already made my first project from it - a wonderful Double Scissor Keeper, designed by Amy Friend, During quiet time. It went together beautifully!  I can see this becoming a "go to" gift for sewing friends.  Definitely a book with something for everyone.

Make It Take It by Krista Hennebury - Poppyprint
Better make sure I'm all set for tomorrow - that alarm will be going off early!

Happy quilting! Janet

4 comments:

elle said...

Have a great time. I once did a round robin. I learned lots. :)

Renate said...

Safe travels my friend. I wanna hear lots of stories and see lots of pictures when you return.

Linda said...

Oh you are so lucky to get to QuiltCon! Have a super time.

Maggi said...

Have a great time